Thursday, April 1, 2010

Light As A Feather





Flock into Spring
















As the saying goes, 'Birds of a feather, flock together' - so does the 2010 season of the feather. I'm seeing this trend all over the runway, magazines and stores everywhere. From peacock and ostrich, to pheasant and marabou. There's just something about feathers - they conjure up images of graceful swans, of flitting sparrows, of fairytales, and the dream of flight that can only ever be a dream for we wingless creatures.























As I was watching American Idol this year, I really came to like the eclectic stylings of Indie Artist, Lilly Scott. Every week that she would perform, I not only enjoyed her sulty sounds, but made note of her wacky accessories. I decided to create my own take on her feather earrings seen here...



My own design, made with pheasant and costume feathers. Sterling silver feather charm and chain-lenth fish hook post.






Alex and Ani $48-$68

These expandable bangles are eco-friendly, made from recycled metal scraps.




Tiffany & Co. $118





Fendi $755





Peach leather sandal with silver feather and colored embroidery. An I-strap runs across the toe with a buckle fastening ankle strap and a high wooden heel.





Corey Lynn Calter $118



















Camel brown Jeanie oversized scoop neck tee shirt tunic dress with a black feather print.



Salvatore Ferragamo $775



















This adorable pheasant feather bag has a crocodile trim and bijoux clasp.


In the Sex and the City movie, the character of Carrie Bradshaw carries it.






















Pearl and Ivy $60















Lucky Brand $38






















"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we are just all floating around accidental like on a breeze. I think maybe it's both...happening at the same time."
-- Forrest Gump






XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive